instructions

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER PHOTO

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh Maintenance

I wanted to give Artichokes a try. I like them occasionally although I would bet in the food prep category they are not considered good for a 15 minute weeknight meal plan. I also love that the plant when full grown looks so extra terrestrial!

I saw these seeds in the Botanical Interests catalog on line so here we go. After purchase, I find out that you have to put them outside for 10 in a row with temps in the 50's and night time 30's. Who would have ever thunk that wouldn't happen? (Is thunk a real word?) We didn't. Even now with the dips toward frost the day time temps are 60's. So this 10 day time period to fool them into thinking they overwintered and are now second season? Probably not going to work.

But hopefully this will get some E.T. action in the garden.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment