instructions

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER PHOTO

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Succession planting bush beans

This chart is from article in GROW, Vol. 4. You can still buy it at http://store.finegardening.com/grow-vol-4-044028.html and I recommend it. It was packed with great articles about vegetable gardening through the seasons.



It always cracks me up because one of the beans has same name as an employee I had not once but twice that was ALWAYS late if she showed.

So starting 1 week after frost 1st bean to go in is Provider. CHECK
Now 3rd week after time for Royal Burgundy.
5 weeks Purple Queen*
7 weeks Gold Rush*
10 weeks pull out Provider and put in Venture*
12 weeks replace Royal burgundy with Topcrop*
14 weeks replace Purple Queen with Gina*
Last one at 16 weeks replacing Gold Rush is "I could be a CONTENDER"*

However, I'll substitute some since I have a few different varieties: which I will add more about later today I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment