instructions

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER PHOTO

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Planting below today


A few of my beds especially #8 is really warped and falling apart. So we have been discussing rebuilding the beds and I actually want to consolidate 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, and 7 and 8. Then I'll have four beds which I'm already calling A, B, C, and D. Then I marked the current beds according to where stuff will go based on a grid system I set up in GrowVeg.com. I can't believe I never did this before I was always printing my current version of growveg and taking it with me to the garden and trying to gestimate where that was in the actual boxes. Now I would set up string and divide them into square foot gardens. But I never had a system for which grid was which. It mostly worked but this way I can leave the pretty printout inside and just make a list of locations. 

So when we priced what the bed redo was going to cost we estimated it to start at $700 and go up from there. Not really in the budget at the moment. I'm thinking of just consolidating by hammering boards between the beds I want to join for now and in the fall making it look pretty. And may do just beds 7 and 8 over now since that's the beds in the most need.



I love the hot pink or fuschia next to the chartreuse of the berberi.
Chitting potatoes to plant in couple days. Ordered these from the http://www.potatogarden.com/ they were featured on Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. What a hunk!



No comments:

Post a Comment